In-Person Worship Regulations
Guidelines to attend the worship service
- Fill out a Health Acknowledgment form.
Forms will be collected and placed in a sealed envelope by Pastor Doug. To ensure confidentiality, they will only be viewed by Pastor Doug and only in the event he is notified someone has tested positive for COVID-19 after attending a worship service.
The simplest way to fill out the form is by going to the website www.vaumc.org and scroll down to “Information About Return to In-Person Worship” and click on “Health Form”. This sends a confidential email to Pastor Doug, or you may print the attached form, complete it and bring it with you to the service. A completed Health Acknowledgment form is required for each service you attend.
- On the day of worship, take your temperature and make sure you feel well before you attend.
- A member of the security team will direct you where to park.
•Enter through the church office doors
- Place your completed health from in the designated box or tell the usher you completed your health form online. •You will be ushered to a seat. Due to social distancing practices, we only have space for 27 units (individuals or families) in the sanctuary. You may sit next to anyone who arrived in the same car as you, but you must be six feet from anyone else. You cannot choose your own place to sit. A bulletin will be placed on the seating area of the pew. Please take it with you when you leave.
- A facemask must be worn the entire time you are in the building.
- No singing is allowed in worship.
- Once the service concludes, you will be escorted out one unit at a time. Exit through the narthex doors.
- An offering plate will be in the narthex for you to place your offering.
Dismissal procedure is designed to encourage social distancing even after the service is concluded. Contact
Pastor Doug if you have any questions or comments.
We appreciate your help with this effort.